During the 2015 California legislative session nearly two dozen gun-related bills were introduced for consideration. Although many of these bills failed, several of them were signed into law and will take effect on January 1, 2016.
The new Third Edition explains all the new gun laws passed during the 2015 legislative session, including:
- The new law that allows sheriffs to make agreements with and delegate the processing of all Carry License applications to local Police Chiefs or other heads of a municipal police departments
- Significant changes to the exemptions to California’s Gun Free School Zone law
- Expanded coverage on California’s lead ammunition bans
- The new exemption to the “Unsafe Handgun” Act that allows the transfer of a state-issued handgun to the spouse or domestic partner of a peace officer who died in the line of duty
- The laws on “gun violence restraining orders” and the risks they pose
The Third Edition also contains a number of technical revisions, case updates, and expanded explanations of the laws. So the book will keep you up-to-date about all of the newest changes in, and interpretations of, the law.
But that’s not all! The Third Edition has also been resized, reformatted, and reorganized into a slightly larger, but much thinner, book. The text and the tables and charts have been enlarged to make it easier for you to read, access, and understand both the existing laws all of the newest changes in California’s firearm laws. You’re going to love it!
Watch For Future Legal Updates here!
While the vast majority of information in this book is timely and is currently applicable, and although the majority of California’s firearms laws do not change year to year, we are aware that to some degree California firearms law changes annually, and that federal firearms law changes occasionally.
To address these changes, and to cover other more specialized firearms law topics that are not covered in the book due to narrow public interest and space limitations, the Author makes legal updates and supplemental legal memorandum available to address forthcoming or applicable changes in the law.
The legal memos periodically posted on the links page here address all the changes in the law that have taken or will place after the publication date.
Also, please subscribe to our eBULLETins to receive updates about the effect of legislation that is proposed or enacted, and to read the Author’s weekly CalGunLaws Blog
In the event of significant changes in the law, new editions of the book will be published as necessary and appropriate.